What is office Login?
Microsoft Office includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access and many more apps that are helpful for businesses and educational institutions. Office apps are easy to use and you can create presentations, spreadsheets, client-server database, labels for office or home use. To manage your paid subscriptions, you need to ms office login first
How to Create an Office Account?
To manage your paid subscriptions, view your order history, update your payment information and enable all the features of Microsoft Office, you need to create an ms office account first. Follow the below-given steps for account creation of Office:
- Firstly, open your web browser.
- Then, click on the “Sign in” button which is located in the middle of the page.
- After that, the sign-in page will appear on your screen, click on “Create one” to initiate the process of account creation.
- In the next window, “Enter your email address” in the given field and click on the blue “Next” button.
- Next, you need to “Create a Password”. Your password must be according to the below-given instructions.
- The password must be between 8-32 characters.
- Include uppercase and lowercase letters.
- At least one numeric value
- Use valid symbols.
- Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Now, Microsoft will send you an email to confirm your email address which also includes a security code. You need to open the mail and note down the security code.
- Now, visit your sign-in page and enter the same security code that you copied above in the given field.
- Further, if you want to receive notifications of the latest updates, you are required to tick mark the box.
- After that, a new window will appear on your screen, “Enter the Captcha” in the given field. Also, make sure that you enter the same characters as mentioned on the page.
- Then, you have to click on “Create Account” to complete the process.
- In addition, you will also receive an email to confirm your account. Open the mail and click on “Verify”.
Procedure for Office Login
- First of all, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, go to office.com. It will open the homepage of Microsoft office.
- A new window will be shown on your screen, “Enter your email address” in the given field that you used while creating your account.
- Then, click on the “Next” button.
- In the next window, you are required to “Enter your password”. Make sure that you enter the correct password.
Lastly, click on the “Sign in” button. By clicking on the sign-in button you accept all the terms and conditions of Microsoft.
Steps To Resolve Office Login Issues
If you are unable to login to your account and facing issues continuously, below-given are the steps that may help you in solving your issue.
Enter a Correct Email Address
While Office login, you need to make sure that you are entering the exact same credentials that you used at the time of account creation. Your email address must be in small case letters and should not contain any unwanted spaces.
Reset your Password
If you are entering the wrong password repeatedly and forgot your password, follow the below-given steps in order to reset your password:
- On your Microsoft Office Login page, you need to click on “Forgot Password”.
- In the next window, enter your email address, or phone number that you used at the time of account creation of Microsoft and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, you will receive an email or text which also includes a one-time verification code. Copy down the code.
- Now, go to your sign-in page, and enter the same security code in the given field that you noted down in the above step and click “Next”.
- “Enter your new password” and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, “Re-enter your password” and click on the “Confirm” button.
Your password is reset now and you can try for office login. If the issue persists, follow the next method.
Delete the Saved Window Credentials
- First of all, click on the “Start” button on your system.
- Then, open the “Control Panel”.
- In the next window, you need to type “Credentials” in the search field which is located at the top of the page.
- After that, click on the “Credential Manager” tab.
- Now, you need to click on “Windows Credentials” and select your office credentials which you want to delete from the list.
- Then, click on the “Remove” button.
- After that, a dialog box will appear on your screen “Are you sure you want to delete the item”, click on the “Yes” button.
Repair Microsoft Application
- First of all, go to the “Control Panel” on your system.
- Then, a new window will appear on your screen on which you have to select the “Programs” tab.
- After that, click on “Programs and Features” which is located at the top of your screen.
- Next, you need to scroll down in order to find your office product and right-click on it.
- After that, two options “Uninstall” or “Change” will appear on your screen. To repair your office application, select the “Change” option.
- Now, there are two options to repair your application i.e “Quick Repair” and “Online Repair”.
- You are suggested to choose the online repair option as it helps in fixing all the issues but it requires an internet connection.
- After selecting the option, press the “Repair” button which is located at the bottom of the page.
Unlocking Your Account When your profile is temporarily blocked
If the account holder has violated any of the terms and conditions of the Microsoft services agreement, then the Microsoft usually locks your account. So, follow the below-given steps to recover your account:
- Firstly, visit account.microsoft.com and sign in to your locked account.
- After that, a dialog box will appear on your screen on which you have to “Enter your phone number” in order to receive a code via text message. Also, you can enter any phone number that can receive text messages.
- Next, you need to enter the same security code that you receive in the message in the required field of your web page.
- Now, you are required to “Change Your Password” to complete the unlocking process. So, follow the on-screen instructions in order to change your password.
Sign In Using a New Device
- Firstly, on your Microsoft sign-in page, “Enter your email address or phone number”.
- After that, click on the “Next” button.
- Now, Microsoft will send you a security code as on your email address or phone number to complete the process.
- Copy down the security code.
- Next, you are required to enter the same security code in the given field of the Microsoft account page and click on the “Next” button.
- After that, you need to enter your password and click on the “Sign in” button.
Resolve your password issue when you turned on two-step verification
On your Office login, if you have turned on two-step verification and you are trying to login by using apps or older devices that do not allow two-step verification, you will face login issues.
Microsoft application will not prompt you to enter a security code at the time Office login. In this case, you may be able to sign in by using the app password. An app password is a long and randomly generated password that you can provide only once instead of your regular password. So, you just need to enter the application password in the password field and your Office login is successfully done.
Use the Troubleshooting Tool
Whenever you are not able to login to your Office account, use the troubleshooting tool provided by Microsoft in order to resolve your problem. You can download this tool from the website. It will analyze each and every function of your application and make all the required changes to keep things working again.
Reset your Internet Connection
If you are continuously facing Office login issues, there might be a problem with your internet connection. So, to reset the connection, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, turn off your modem.
- Then, you need to wait for 20-30 seconds.
- Now, power on your modem and enable the internet settings on your system.
Your internet issue is resolved now and you can go for Office login.
So, the above-given is the procedure for account creation and Office login. Also, if you are facing any sort of issues while login to your Microsoft office account, follow the above steps to resolve your login error.